Thursday 16 June 2011

MY FAVOURITES OF THE RESORT COLLECTIONS

ACNE













I'm feeling the 90s style dresses over trousers, but done with a 60s twist. Plus I am digging the shred of that jacket, and over that black maxi it is fulfilling my grunge wet dreams.

ALEXENDAR MCQUEEN



ALEXANDER WANG













I'm not sure if Alexander Wang's entire speed inspired collection is for me, I don't think I could pull off high-vis anoraks and mesh vests, but the cut out detail of that leather dress is gorgeous. And that unashamedly 80s jumper looks hot with those leather shorts.

BALENCIAGA














I'm not too sure about the bulkiness of these outfits, or the sun visors, but I am sure that I think the prints are totally hot. And I love that silver metallic material of the skirt. So you know, you win some, you lose some.

CELINE
I love the simplicity of that monochrome outfit, pulled together with that brown belt, and I'm even digging the weird Pu, leathery material of the trousers. Especially with the messy bed head 70s hair. And ohmygawsh I am transfixed by that trench coat, the child in me that was never allowed jelly sandals loves the matte translucency of it.

CHLOE

GIVENCHY

The digital flower print inspired by Hawiian surf culture looks gorgeous on that plain black t-shirt (which is the epitome of my obsessive t shirt desire for this summer) and that skirt with 'ears' is pretty cute/wierd/good. And I like how the print looks almost Mexican-y/Aztec-y on that touristy jumper, cap, skirt combo. Hot. 
GUCCI

This collection feels safe, but is definitely wearable, I love the gold, lame, pleated skirt especially with the blazer and shirt and I would wear it just like that. And that colour block shift dress (or is it a top and skirt?) would be a staple of my summer wardrobe. I actually really, really want it.

LANVIN

This model totes looks like someone from my college, and I would tell her, but that would inflate her head further. I'm loving the gypsy vibe of the first outfit, very Esmerelda. And the pattern of the jumpsuit/suit is amazing, and for some reason brings owls to mind. Which I like.

LOUIS VOITTUN


MARC JACOBS


McQ


MULBERRY


My favourite, favourite collection, hence the inability to choose two favourite outfits. It just encapsulates everything I love: leopard print pumps, subtle studs, the flattering nipped in at the waist kickflare silhoutte, 70s fabrics/colours/patterns, beautiful denim, lttle white socks edgy trench coats and impeccable accessories. So Alexa.

OPENING CEREMONY

Okay, I'm not sure about this collection, I like some aspects of it but equally dislike some. Take these two outfits, I'm feeling the 70s festival garb vibe, and I LOVE the pattern of the first dress but I don't like the length of the skirt. I don't know whether it's because due to my height I have been wearing things that length that are definitely not meant to look like that all my life, or what. And I'm sure it's going to be very in, and probably is already, but I just ain't feeling it. 

PROENZA SCHOULER

When I think of Proenza Schouler I think of the kind of prints featured in the Givenchy collection but on acid, but I like the muted, autumnal, Halloween-y colours of this collection. These are the kind of clothes I would dress the heroine of an edgy drama starring Rupert Grint in, which in my books is a very good thing in my books. Additionally that giant tribal necklace over the simple white, shirt dress is gorggggggg. And finally that Laura Marling-esque model is hot.

RAG & BONE

I like the premise of doing a winter wardrobe for a resort collection, but in reality my head can't really start thinking about the winter when it is so preoccupied with everything thats happening now. But I really like the dark chunky knit against an elegent white chiffon maxi, and I'm feeling that paint splat purple pattern.

STELLA MCARTNEY

Stella McArtney's collection is totes what I was thinking of for summer: irregular, bright striped midi skirt, with fruity, garden-esque prints. And I am sooooo keen on dogstooth at the moment, I love it with the bright shirt and Fred Perryish jacket, totally This Is England '86

VERSACE

I like the Tudor/Shakespearen references of this collection, I don't know if I am imagining them but I can definitely see these patterns and studded black garments on Henry VIII or Romeo and Juliet in Verona. Which means they are totally hot. 

ZAC POSEN


Ew, I apologise for my adjectives in this. I sound like fucking Amber from Made In Chelsea.


1 comment:

  1. that jacket from acne was a huge favorite of mine as well, i loved the dark wash combined with the shredding. a lot of good resort collections this time around, i thought!

    ReplyDelete