Monday 13 June 2011

CRAYONS + BACKBEAT




So these are two of my favourite unchampioned bands [well I think they are, everyone probably knows who they are and now I'm looking like a fool] Crayons + Backbeat Soundsystem. Crayons are a Scottish band that consists of Greg Robins, Sean DeFrancesco, Nicolas Hernandez and Andrew Carty [plus Conor McMullan used to be in it, and he was my favourite, I have no idea where he has gone. I'm a bit upset.] But they're still great, a bit electro/a bit indie/a bit rocky - I don't know really I'm not good at labelling music I just know they are good. Here listen for yourselves:

Also it seems that I am not the only one who thinks that they are good, they have been announced for the T-breakthrough stage at T in the Park on the 8th July. And more recently they are playing The Ruby Lounge in Manchester on the 23rd June and The Live Lounge in Blackburn on 24th June. So go and check them out if you live in one of those areas or buy their stuff which is available on Itunes. Now onto Backbeat Soundsystem who are probably more well known, but no less amazing. They are an 8 piece funk reggae band from Cornwall, they consist of Dean [HOT] on vocals /synth, Darren on vocals, Elf on keyboard, Symons on bass, Sammy P on guitar, Barnaby on drums, Sampet on trumpet and Tom on sax. Phew. Their sound is kind of reggae/dub/bass/funk/party and 'is designed with movement in mind.' But yet again listen for yourselves:

They have a very busy summer coming up and are playing at Goldcoast Ocean Festival, Chai Wallahs, Princess Pavillions Falmouth [where I am seeing them AHHHH so excited], Glastonbury, Grassroots, Mannifest, Boardmasters [where I am seeing them again AHHH] and many more. So definitely, definitely check them out and buy their stuff availabe from their website, they are so buzzy and exciting and amazing and they deserve recognition.

Backbeat Soundsystem's website: http://backbeatsoundsystem.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment